Below is a list of service capabilities and service business challenges specific to professional services. These service capabilities have been defined by TSIA as necessary actions that must be performed to achieve desired results—the ability to run a cost, profit, and revenue-optimized services business. In addition, TSIA has identified hundreds of service business challenges that service organizations commonly face. Linked directly to the service capabilities, these service business challenges are defined both globally as well as at the focus area service discipline level.
Discover fresh content and recommended reading related to your most pressing SBCs by using our dynamic Solution Widget Dashboard. There is no faster way to find resources on the topics affecting your organization today.
Attracting & Retaining Professional Services Talent
- What are the types of programs companies put in place to develop skills in their PS staff?
Compensation Models for Professional Services
- How do tech companies structure compensation for their embedded PS staff?
Core Metrics and Dashboards for PS
- What key metrics should PS organizations use to measure the performance of their businesses and/or include on dashboards?
- What does "Good" look like for a PS engineering function? What are the common practices and most commonly achieved results?
Monetizing Services Around Product Subscription Models
- What types of offerings are embedded PS organizations creating around cloud based technology offerings?
Organizational Structure for Global Services
- How do product companies structure their Professional Services organization? What functions need to be resourced in a mature PS business? Do delivery resources report into Country managers or into a global PS executive? Do PS sales experts report into the sales organization or the PS organization?
Partner Enablement for Professional Services
- What are the best practices around managing PS delivery partners?
- How do we manage our projects in a consistent way in order to avoid inconsistency in project performance?
- How can I define the business case to create a PMO (Project Management Office) inside of my PS organization? What are the clear benefits and advantages to having a PMO?
Professional Services Delivery Model
- What is a recommended methodology for calculating both billable and product utilization for PS delivery staff?
PS Business Model
- Are there different financial models for embedded PS, based on the charter and expectations given to the PS organization?
- What strategies and tactics can help PS businesses grow their top line revenue?
PS Global Resource Optimization
- What are the latest best practices and performance metrics related to resource management in a PS organization?
PS Pricing Strategy
- What are companies charging for PS consultants and engineers?
Sales Coverage for Professional Services
- How can we optimize sales coverage models to drive PS growth?