This award recognizes companies who have leveraged social support, i.e., online customer communities and/or support or listening via social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), to better understand the Voice of the Customer, identify renewal challenges or expand selling opportunities, improve products or services, and improve margins and productivity for assisted support.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your best practice at a high level. Details* might include, among others:
- Business challenges that led to the introduction of social support
- Enabling technology selection and/or development
- How the program was introduced to employees and/or customers, and how are customers encouraged to adopt social channels?
- Social staffing model, i.e. how many FTEs are used for social support, and how are they screened and trained?
- Partnering with marketing, sales, and development to create a social strategy
- Insights gained from social media monitoring/listening, and changes to products or processes made because of these insights
- Improvements to employee productivity and assisted support deflection with online communities
- Roadblocks or challenges faced, and how you overcame them
- Lessons learned. What would you do differently next time? What can others learn from your journey?
Business Impact: How This Innovation Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your innovative use of social support has impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Improved customer engagement, CSAT, loyalty, customer effort scores, etc.
- Customer adoption of social programs, i.e. growth of community size and engagement levels
- Cost savings from less expensive channels and online community self-service
- Processes or products improved due to insights gained from social media monitoring
Customer Impact: How This Innovation Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your innovative use of social support has positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Improvements to products and/or services based on social input from customers
- Improvements to customer satisfaction, customer effort and/or loyalty scores
- Metrics related to customer adoption of social media support or online communities
- Improved customer engagement, including customer moderators and “power users”
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Pacesetter Factor of Your Application: Is your application based on a unique and/or compelling “best practice” or is it truly innovative in today’s technology industry?
- Business Impact: How has this helped your company?
- Customer Impact: How has this helped your customers?
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application: Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and supported by good examples and/or data? (ie. business challenges, inception, creation, implementation, adoption, measurement, expansion, process, results, lessons learned, future projections)
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics: Do the metrics that you included adequately support the story that you are telling and are they organized and presented well?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶