This award recognizes the company that demonstrates the most innovative approach, through professional services, to assisting customers in realizing the business outcomes from the use of its products. Provide an overview of your innovation at a high level.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your innovation at a high level. Details* might include, among others:
- Business challenges that led to the innovation
- Before and after process flows
- Processes or tools to enable communication and knowledge sharing with customers
- Soft skills or other training programs that staff were required to complete
- Incentives for employees to encourage and reward desired business behaviors
- Organizational change management issues
- The role of technology in the innovation
- Roadblocks or challenges faced, and how you overcame them
- Lessons learned. What would you do differently next time? What can others learn from your journey?
Business Impact: How This Innovation Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your innovation has impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Efficiencies in common professional services business processes, e.g. project management, delivery methodology, knowledge capture, resource management, etc.
- Customer loyalty or repurchase metrics
- Product pull-through
- Account penetration for PS offerings
- Cost savings
- Revenue growth
- Measures of employee performance, i.e. productivity, satisfaction, turnover, etc.
Customer Impact: How This Innovation Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your innovation has positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Improvements in the delivery of professional services
- Customer satisfaction scores
- Improvements in the creation and delivery of new products and/or product enhancements
- Metrics related to consumption of products/services
- Impact on your customers’ businesses and/or on their customers (e.g., improved ability to respond to their customers’ requests, enhanced operational efficiency, inventory reductions, etc.)
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Pacesetter Factor of Your Application: Is your application based on a unique and/or compelling “best practice” or is it truly innovative in today’s technology industry?
- Business Impact: How has this helped your company?
- Customer Impact: How has this helped your customers?
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application: Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and supported by good examples and/or data? (ie. business challenges, inception, creation, implementation, adoption, measurement, expansion, process, results, lessons learned, future projections)
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics: Do the metrics that you included adequately support the story that you are telling and are they organized and presented well?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶