Best Practices in the Delivery of Support Services
Offered to: Support Services Members
This award recognizes the company that has embraced best practices in people, process, and/or technology to increase agent productivity, service levels or customer satisfaction; increase problem avoidance; or effectively handle more interactions using unassisted & assisted channels.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your best practices at a high level. Details* might include, among others:
- Business or customer challenges that led to the best practice
- Programs that were created to drive customer value
- Delivery of differentiated support services
- Partner management programs designed and implemented
- Before and after process flows in problem detection and resolution; incident handling and escalation; knowledge capture and publishing
- Processes or tools to enable communication and knowledge sharing with customers
- Soft skills or other training programs that staff were required to complete
- Unique practices for hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring and coaching
- Incentives for employees to encourage and reward desired business behaviors
- Organizational change management issues
- The role of technology in areas such as emerging support channels, personalized, proactive interactions across channels, intelligent searching, agent and self-service diagnostics, or preemptive service delivery
- Roadblocks or challenges faced, and how you overcame them
- Lessons learned. What would you do differently next time? What can others learn from your journey?
Business Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your best practices have impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting metrics*, such as:
- Customer effort and loyalty scores
- Churn and renewal metrics
- Efficiencies in common support services business processes (case management, knowledge capture, resource management, etc.)
- Cost savings
- Improved gross margin metrics
- Overall company revenue and support revenue growth
- Measures of employee performance (productivity, satisfaction, attrition, etc.)
Customer Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your best practices have positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty scores
- Improvements in the delivery of support services (average calls per customer, downtime, response time, resolution time, etc.)
- Improvements in the creation and delivery of new products and/or product enhancements
- Metrics related to adoption and consumption of products/services
- Impact on your customers’ businesses and/or on their customers (e.g., improved ability to respond to their customers’ requests, enhanced operational efficiency, inventory reductions, etc.)
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application. Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and that is supported by good examples and/or data?
- The "CXO-readiness" of Your Application. Is your presentation both concise (to-the-point) and compelling in its brevity?
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics. Do the metrics that you include adequately support the story that you are telling?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶