Best Practices in the Delivery of Support Services
Offered to: Support Services Members
This award recognizes the company that has embraced best practices in people, process and/or technology to increase productivity, service levels or customer centric measurements, increase problem avoidance, or effectively handle more interactions using unassisted and assisted channels.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your best practices at a high level. Details* might include, among others:
- Business or customer challenges that led to addition or revision of best practices
- Programs that were created to drive customer value
- Delivery of differentiated support services
- New or modified partner management programs
- Before and after process flows in problem detection and resolution, incident handling and escalation, and knowledge capture and publishing
- Processes or tools to enable communication and knowledge sharing with customers
- Soft skills or other training programs that staff were required to complete
- Unique practices for hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring, and coaching
- Incentives for employees to encourage and reward desired business behaviors
- Organizational change management issues
- The role of technology in areas such as emerging support channels, personalized and proactive interactions across channels, intelligent search, agent and self-service diagnostics, or preemptive service delivery
- Roadblocks or challenges faced, and how you overcame them
- Lessons learned. What would you do differently next time? What can others learn from your journey?
Business Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your best practices have impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting metrics*, such as:
- Customer effort and loyalty scores
- Churn and renewal metrics
- Efficiencies in common support services business processes, e.g. case management, knowledge capture, resource management, etc.
- Cost savings
- Return on investment(s)
- Improved gross margin and/or financial performance metrics
- Overall company revenue and support revenue growth
- Measures of employee performance, e.g. productivity, satisfaction, attrition, etc.
Customer Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your best practices have positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Customer-centered metrics including customer effort, satisfaction, and loyalty scores
- Improvements in the delivery of support services, e.g. reduced downtime, response time, resolution time, proactive support, etc.
- Improvements in the creation and delivery of new products and/or product enhancements
- Metrics related to adoption and consumption of products/services
- Impact on your customers' businesses and/or on their customers, e.g. improved ability to respond to their customers' requests, enhanced operational efficiency, inventory reductions, etc.
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Pacesetter Factor of Your Application: Is your application based on a unique and/or compelling “best practice” or is it truly innovative in today’s technology industry?
- Business Impact: How has this helped your company?
- Customer Impact: How has this helped your customers?
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application: Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and supported by good examples and/or data? (ie. business challenges, inception, creation, implementation, adoption, measurement, expansion, process, results, lessons learned, future projections)
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics: Do the metrics that you included adequately support the story that you are telling and are they organized and presented well?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶