This award recognizes the company that has best leveraged knowledge management people, processes and technology to improve operational performance, service levels, or the overall customer experience.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your Knowledge Management (KM) project/program. Details* might include, among others:
- Business challenges that led to the introduction of a new KM program
- Technology selection and/or development
- KM integrations to CRM, PSA, multi-channel, or other enterprise applications
- How the new KM technology and processes were introduced to employees, such as KCS training or workshops, including incentives or gamification examples
- If self-service is part of the KM project, how were customers introduced to the new capabilities to encourage adoption?
- Dashboards, reports, or other approaches to monitoring who is contributing the top content
- Roadblocks or challenges faced, and how you overcame them
- Lessons learned. What would you do differently next time? What can others learn from your journey?
Business Impact: How Knowledge Management
Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your knowledge management program has impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Customer loyalty or repurchase metrics
- Impact on employee productivity
- Impact on project success
- Improvements to operating cost or project margins
- Cost savings from self-service adoption, i.e., deflection
Customer Impact: How Knowledge Management
Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your knowledge management program has positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Improved customer service levels or project performance
- Improvements to customer satisfaction scores (CSAT)
- Metrics related to customer adoption of self-service options
- Satisfaction scores for self-service and metrics for self-service success
- Impact on your customers’ businesses and/or on their customers (if applicable)
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Pacesetter Factor of Your Application: Is your application based on a unique and/or compelling “best practice” or is it truly innovative in today’s technology industry?
- Business Impact: How has this helped your company?
- Customer Impact: How has this helped your customers?
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application: Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and supported by good examples and/or data? (ie. business challenges, inception, creation, implementation, adoption, measurement, expansion, process, results, lessons learned, future projections)
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics: Do the metrics that you included adequately support the story that you are telling and are they organized and presented well?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶