This award recognizes the company that has most clearly and effectively delivered breakthrough results and established best practices within Field Services. Provide an overview of your newly implemented best practices at a high level.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your newly implemented best practices at a high level. Details* might include, among others:
- Business challenges faced by the organization, including a description of the ‘before’ state prior to implementation of the best practices
- Programs that were created to drive improvement in Customer, Employee, and/or Financial performance metrics within field services
- Possible Field Service best practices* may include any or some combination of the following, or other initiatives: Commercialization Process, Spare Parts, Knowledge Management Processes, Improving Adoption, Talent Management, Proactive Technologies, Mobility Platforms, Success Science
- Roadblocks or Challenges faced, and how you overcame them
- Lessons learned. What would you do differently next time? What can others learn from your journey?
Business Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your best practices have impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting metrics*, such as:
- Customer loyalty or repurchase metrics
- Initial install rates, renewal rates, install base under contract
- Employee satisfaction
- Employee attrition rates
- Financial Performance
- Gross margin improvements / Cost savings, Cost per incident, first visit repair rate, field service utilization
- Service revenue growth rates
- Revenue per field service engineer,
- Remanufacturing rate, no trouble found, advanced exchange performance, first pass fill rates.
Customer Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your best practices have positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Transactional and relationship customer satisfaction scores
- Improvements in the delivery of field services (response time, service level agreement (SLA) compliance rates, problem resolution time, first visit fix rates, customer equipment uptime statistics)
- Impact on your customers’ businesses and/or on their customers (e.g., improved ability to respond to their customers’ requests, enhanced operational efficiency, inventory reductions, etc.)
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Pacesetter Factor of Your Application: Is your application based on a unique and/or compelling “best practice” or is it truly innovative in today’s technology industry?
- Business Impact: How has this helped your company?
- Customer Impact: How has this helped your customers?
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application: Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and supported by good examples and/or data? (ie. business challenges, inception, creation, implementation, adoption, measurement, expansion, process, results, lessons learned, future projections)
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics: Do the metrics that you included adequately support the story that you are telling and are they organized and presented well?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶