This award recognizes the company that has most clearly and effectively delivered breakthrough results and established best practices in the improvement of customer, employee, and/or financial performance metrics within field services.
Overview: What You Did
Provide an overview of your newly implemented best practices at a high level. Details* might include, among others:
- Business challenges faced by the organization, including a description of the "before" state prior to implementation of the best practices
- Commercialization process/strategic alignment enabling improvements in service capabilities, collaboration with manufacturing and engineering, and improvements in equipment serviceability
- Spare parts supply chain and logistics improvements
- Knowledge management processes and platforms or tools to enable communication and knowledge sharing with customers
- Use of field service employees in the delivery of optimize and outcome offers
- Soft skills or other training programs that staff were required to complete
- Unique talent management practices for hiring, training, scheduling, monitoring and coaching
- Incentives for employees to encourage and reward desired business behaviors
- Organizational change management practices including: communication, career path, culture
- The use of proactive technologies to support remote monitoring self-service diagnostics, alerting and/or problem resolution
- Mobility platforms and processes
- RMA and Advanced exchange processes
- Success science: formal account reviews, assess utilization, feature review, capture enhancements to drive adoption and consumption
Business Impact: How This Best Practice Has Helped Your Company
Describe how your best practices have impacted business outcomes for your company. Provide supporting metrics*, such as:
- Gross margin improvements and cost savings
- Cost per incident, mean time to repair, first visit repair rate, travel time, vehicle fleet cost per month, field service utilization
- Remanufacturing rate, no trouble found, advanced exchange/return material, authorization timelines and processes, inventory new buy reduction, first pass fill rates, inventory accuracy
- Savings from outsourcing
- Service revenue growth rates
- Revenue per field service engineer, initial install rates, renewal rates, install base under contract,
- Customer loyalty or repurchase metrics
- Employee satisfaction, employee attrition rates (voluntary or involuntary, and internal transfer/promotion)
Customer Impact: How This Innovation Has Helped Your Customers
Detail how your best practices have positively impacted your customers. Provide supporting evidence*, such as:
- Transactional and relationship customer satisfaction scores
- Improvements in the delivery of field services (e.g., response time, service level agreement (SLA) compliance rates, problem resolution time, first visit fix rates, reductions in call back rates, customer equipment uptime statistics, etc.)
- Metrics related to consumption of products/services
- Impact on your customers’ businesses and/or on their customers (e.g., improved ability to respond to their customers’ requests, enhanced operational efficiency, inventory reductions, etc.)
- Customer testimonials
Your application will also be judged on the following criteria:
- The Cohesiveness of Your Application. Is there a single, end-to-end narrative that is easy to follow and that is supported by good examples and/or data?
- The "CXO-readiness" of Your Application. Is your presentation both concise (to-the-point) and compelling in its brevity?
- The Effectiveness of Your Metrics. Do the metrics that you include adequately support the story that you are telling?
* All of the criteria lists above are suggestions only, and provided to give an idea as to the appropriate type and level of detail. These are not comprehensive lists nor intended to limit your response in any way.
Back to STAR Awards Categories ▶