A core deliverable of membership in the Support Services discipline is a comparison of member companies’ practices, metrics, and business results to other companies in the industry in nine core modules:
- Demographics, covering business type, geography, and market segment revenue mix.
- Support Fundamentals, covering customer-to-support personnel ratio, length of warranty, and social media tools and metrics.
- Service Financials, covering corporate allocations, cost per chat incident, and revenue-to-customer ratio.
- Talent Management, covering involuntary attrition rate, labor rates (by level), and training days per year.
- Customer Satisfaction, covering support rep CSAT compensation, annual survey response rates, and average CSAT scores.
- Sales and Marketing, covering average discount amount, initial attach rate, and renewal rate.
- Assisted Support, covering incident-to-employee ratio, quality monitoring methods, and web service portal response time.
- Self-Help, covering dedicated knowledge authors, deflection rate, and forum monitoring.
- Outsourced Service Management, covering standard operating procedures, SLAs, and cost savings.