A core deliverable of membership in the Managed Services discipline is a comparison of member companies' practices, metrics, and business results to other companies in the industry in seven core modules:
- Company Profile, including markets and industries served, LOB revenue distribution, investment priorities, and sales profile.
- Services Organization Profile, including service portfolio revenue distribution and growth rates, gross margin, and operating profit by service line.
- Managed Services Profile, including corporate allocations, gross margin, operating profit, and organization structure.
- Offer Details, including offer structure, standard versus custom, value propositions, market segment adoption, and relation to support services/maintenance.
- Selling and Marketing, including sales team structure, go-to-market strategy, channel distribution, contracting, compensation, quoting methodology, and quote-to-delivery cycle time.
- Delivery, including organization structure, process alignment (such as ITIL), SLA governance, delivery tools/platforms, and outsourcing/subcontracting.
- Business Operations, including P&L governance, revenue forecasting, cost versus expense, vendor/supplier management, and MSA/SOW governance.