Date: July 29, 2015
Author: Thomas Lah
Summary results from the TSIA 2014 Organizational Structure Survey for Harware and Equipment Manufacturer. Insights include:
- Ranking of service lines by profitability.
- The common practices for which service functions are managed globally vs. being managed within each region or within business units.
- Where service-line leaders are most likely to report.
- Who is responsible for selling services? Sales or the service line?
- Do service lines leverage dedicated or shared sales resources?
- Organizational structures that maximize service-line profitability.
- Most common services organizational structure.
This report is a summary of the data and compares the organizational structure of hardware manufacturers and companies in all industries.
Education Services;Field Services;Professional Services;Service Revenue Generation-Recurring;Managed Services;Support Services;Customer Success
Organizational Structure; Organizational Design; Organization
Engineering;Finance;Human Resources;Marketing;Operations;Partner Management;Professor;Research;Sales;Service Delivery;Strategy;Student;Training
Consumer Technologies;Enterprise IT and Telecommunications;Healthcare and Healthcare IT;Industrial Equipment;Other