Date: October 20, 2015
Author: Ian Grover - HP Enterprise Group (HP EG)
We are a small KM team that was chartered to deliver a robust knowledge management practice and community for our Global Customer Solution Center, with 5,600 people supporting customers across 180 countries in 30 languages.
We avoided the traditional approach of looking internally, and instead looked externally: Who are our customers? What are the business results we need to achieve? What actions and decisions will deliver those results?
What we achieved:
- Self-solve improved by 209% over one year. Estimated program savings of more than $40 million.
- 80% of the articles are published immediately. 95% of the articles are published within 60 minutes.
- Piloted intelligent swarming for storage.
- Implemented a strong reputation model for CSC engineers.
- The team received the HP Enterprise Group Quality Award for 2014
- “Improving Customer Success with Self-Solve” case study was published by the Consortium for Service Innovation in May 2015.
Support Services;Customer Success
Growing Customers; Services Transformation; Customer Success; B4B; Business Outcomes