Date: October 21, 2015
Author: Kathleen Down-Logan - Cisco Systems
The emergence of software-based networking and the evolution of support toward a proactive, data-centric, model focused on adoption services presented a challenge to our company:
- How to build software skills among support engineers, while also remaining focused on customer satisfaction and effective problem resolution in the traditional support model.
- How to learn these skills faster than our customers and partners so we can lead them through the same transformation.
- And while building these skills, move “beyond the fix,” from reactive to proactive to preemptive support.
In response to this challenge, by using a catalytic approach to ignite the innovative spirit, we have:
- Established a scalable innovation and automation platform for technical services engineers.
- Accelerated the self-acquisition and value-add usage of software scripting skills.
- Initiated the use of analytics to deliver proactive support.
- Measured an exponential increase in customer time saved on impacted customer service requests.
Growing Customers; Services Transformation; Customer Success; B4B; Business Outcomes